- Important step in setting the course for the strategic development of the company
- After a successful stint as Interim Manager Louis van Uden hands over to Dr. Ernst Smolka
- Demand of conventional lighting declines more and more: Closure of the production site of Nordeon in France
- Nordeon Group: A true full service partner for lighting professionals across the globe
At last! The jury has the verdict: 20 projects are the finalists of the Lamp Lighting Solutions Awards 2017. Do you want to know who they are?
In our Lightletter 2017 which appears each quarter, we illuminate the outdoor space from very different angles and let top-class experts have their say about the subject.
The intelligent lighting management system for individual Lighting Solutions from WILA and NORDEON.
It is with great pride that we announce that as of December 22nd 2016 Lamp Lighting from Terrassa Spain, is part of the Nordeon Group.
The Nordeon Group is very proud to announce that as of December 1st Schmitz Leuchten from Arnsberg, has joined its ranks, further establishing Nordeon Group’s position as one of the world’s leading professional lighting companies.
- From 14 to 17 September 2016 the GaLaBau, International Trade Fair for Urban Green and Open Spaces, will open its doors in Nuremberg (Germany)
- Hess shows in Hall 3A innovative products for the design of open spaces, including the new multifunctional lighting system ARINI and the LED in-ground luminaire ACCADIA
- The event for architects on 13 October 2016 in Düsseldorf (Germany)
- Renowned architects discuss themselves rather than their awards and projects
- Hess supports the event
- Hess will present itself in a new light at Stand A60 in Hall 5.0
- 3D cinema presents a very special experience
- ARINI: The world premiere – light, multifunctionality and design – inspired by nature
- Armed with a highly innovative portfolio for every lighting technology requirement
- GRIVEN: High-quality and powerful spotlighting and illumination
- HESS: The future of urban lighting and space design – also in 3D
- VULKAN: Intelligent innovations for maximum efficiency – powered by wind power
- WILA and NORDEON: Contact persons present at the fair
- Clever innovations – such as the world’s first light line system to use DC technology
- In addition to innovations, the campaign focuses on clever solutions like CLEVERseller, CLEVERmobil and CLEVERmag
The Nordeon Group further strengthens its position as leading international lighting company through the acquisition of the WILA Group.
- “Lightspace Dot London” is held for the first time on 18 and 19 November 2015 in London as part of the annual and largest lighting exhibition in Europe: LuxLive
- The event is dedicated to innovative designs, technologies, and new application possibilities in architectural lighting
- The versatile product and solution portfolio by Hess and Griven offers architects and lighting designers greater flexibility – for the attractive illumination and design of public spaces and objects
- Ingenious thermal management
- Innovative and energy-efficient technical lighting solution with 100.000 h lifetime
- Design for harsh environments withstands temperatures up to 50° C
- ACCADIA: Designed for the most sophisticated illuminations and accentuations
- Revolutionary reflector technology in the asymmetric versions generates indirect light completely without glare – currently a unique feature among in-ground luminaires
- ACCADIA is the prelude to the further expansion of Hess’ portfolio for architectural lighting
- At the largest trade fair for public space in the Netherlands, three strong brands will be presented in the form of Hess, Griven, and Vulkan
- The versatile Hess and Griven product and solution portfolio for attractive urban spaces – from elegant and exceptional architectural lighting solutions to LED design luminaires to site furnishings
- Technically functional and highly efficient luminaires from Vulkan complete the offer
"With Nordeon we have found an experienced partner in the field of energy-efficient lighting solutions. The collaboration was quick and effective, and the result is convincing."
Rainer Glogowski, Technical Director of ArcelorMittal Auto Processing Germany Eisenhüttenstadt GmbH
- Since August 2015, Michelle Lefevre has been intensifying the sales activities of Hess in the Belgian market
- Best possible service and individual and comprehensive consultation are the focus of the premium provider of designed outdoor luminaires and site furnishings
- Held in Baku last June, the 2015 European Games gathered in the Azerbaijan capital city over 6,000 athletes from 50 countries
- Heydar Aliyev Sports and Exhibition Complex was one of the locations of the games
- A crown of sparkling lights developed by GRIVEN lighting designers illuminated the exterior of the arena
- Ulrich Kaltenborn assumes important role as Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Absolute professional with long experience and high business expertise
- The French urban parking management company SAGS trusts for the installation of waterproof luminaires in their 16 car parks of the city of Courbevoie, in „les Hauts de Seine“ near Paris, in products of Nordeon, a subsidiary of the Nordeon-Group.
- In less than six months, over 3000 waterproof luminaires Njord have been installed in all car parks of the city of Courbevoie.
- Opal cover extends the range of application-optimized optics and avoids direct glare
- Soft and consistent light with up-light for ceiling illumination
- Comfortable and bright illumination for retail, corridors and industrial lighting
- 2 years payback time – Quality "Made in Germany"
- The annual world's largest trade fair for commercial lighting will take place from 5 to 7 May 2015 in New York.
- Nordeon and Griven are making their début on the American market – European technology soon to be "made in the USA"
- Hess ensures a real flood of innovations and lighting solutions
- Presentation of a multitude of world premières and new products for the American market
- Nordeons LED lightline system Baldur convinces in one of the most prestigious international design competitions - the "red dot"
- Innovative combination of attractive design and high flexibility
- With Griven, a world class architectural lighting company becomes part of the Nordeon-Group
- Griven and Hess form a strong collective – Independence of companies, brands and identities continued
- Sustainability and efficiency are an integral part of the company's philosophy
- The latest generation of products by Hess gives architects and planners plenty of scope to create holistic design concepts for future urban spaces
- Dedicated UK sales team to ensure a high level of customer focus and service
- Jim Ashley-Down will further expand Hess' market position in the UK
- Strengthening customer relationships and increasing market penetration
- Consistent implementation of the international sales and customer service oriented strategy
- Leading European car park manager relies on Nordeon products
- Nordeon TLED Tubes, convincing performance and warranty
- First deliveries already started in 2014
- Andreas Rabe is new Sales and Marketing Director
- Further expansion of sales is planned
- At the end of November 2014, the French city of Versailles and the municipality of Gattières each won 10 innovative VAREDO S outdoor luminaires during the Hess prize draw at the “Salon des Maires” in Paris.
- For Hess, the trade fair represented the beginning of an intensified market cultivation and penetration.
- As of April 2015, Detlef Mikulsky will be Managing Director
- Expansion of the business management constitutes an important element for the implementation of strategic objectives
- New product generations of LED design luminaires and complementary site furnishings offer landscape architects, lighting and urban designers plenty of design freedom
- With special customised solutions "made by Hess", the company creates real highlights
- Paul Denoo, new sales manager for Hess in Belgium starting from January 2015
- Innovation campaign lays the foundation for new sales structures
The LED luminaire Njord TLed offers an alternative to conventional luminaires: easy to install negligible maintenance and high energy savings guaranteed !
- New waterproof luminaire with LED tubes easy to install and of high quality
- High Energy efficiency, long lifetime without maintenance costs
- Really short payback time from Nordeon “made in France”
- Hess offers premium products and holistic solutions for the design of urban spaces "made in Germany"
- The company focuses on sustainable further development of its work procedures and processes
- Successfully completed maintenance audit, as per DIN EN ISO 9001 / 14001, confirms the company's high standard
- LED luminaire and complementary bench mark the launch of a completely new collection from January 2015 for the design of urban spaces
- DALVIK luminaire is designed for versatile application in streets, pathways and places
- The new product received the "Iconic Awards 2014 - Winner" award and the international design prize Baden-Württemberg "Focus Silver 2014" even before its market launch in January 2015
- THOR achieves double the service life of 100,000 hours
- Designed for the most demanding conditions; withstands temperatures up to 50° C
- Maximum efficiency and performance
- 2 years payback time - Quality "Made in Germany"
- Introduction of highly energy-efficient LED tubes
- Customers benefit from high energy efficiency, long life and low maintenance costs
- High lighting quality from Nordeon - "made in France"
- The trade fair Salon des Maires in Paris is only the beginning of a very intensive market cultivation and penetration.
- A dedicated sales teams for France ensures comprehensive consultancy services and close proximity to the customer.
- Hess invests sustainably in new products and presents with the VAREDO-line of the French designer Jean-Marc Schneider a new collection of innovative luminaires and site furnishings for the holistic design of urban spaces.
- Creation of a global architect and planner network is on its way.
Nordeon’s Baldur has been honored at the star-studded ceremony of the 28th Annual GIO Awards that took place on Tuesday, October 14, 2014 at the Dutch Cacao Factory in Helmond, The Netherlands.
Nordeon, a rising star in the European Professional Lighting market, has achieved a leading position within the last 2 years. This growth has been due to a new way of doing business: a new way of developing, a new way of manufacturing and a new way of bringing products to the market.
- Since 01 July 2014, Hess GmbH Licht + Form with own dedicated sales team for Austria
- Christian Schmid new area representative
- Strengthening customer relationships and increasing market penetration
- The Nordeon Group presents itself at the LIGHTFAIR in the USA
- The largest and most important fair for architectural and industrial lighting in the USA takes place from the 3 - 5 June 2014 in Las Vegas
- First introduction of the Nordeon Group to the American market
- The Nordeon Group represents 3 strong brands: Hess, Vulkan and Nordeon
- The most important and largest architectural lighting trade show in the USA takes place from 3 - 05 June 2014 in Las Vegas.
- After the Light + Building in Frankfurt, Germany, the LIGHTFAIR is the second largest stage for Hess.
- Hess presents new products and technical innovations.
Light & Building 2014 came to an end. Hess recalls its trade fair presentation in form of a Special Lightletter with the objective to share the many exciting impressions and product highlights with you.
Clear focus on urban space design - New product generation offers landscape architects, urban and lighting designers maximum flexibility - Multifunctional luminaires, new designs and innovative technologies
Newcomer in the lighting industry presents itself in the internet.
Nordeon-Group comprises agile and flexible companies with high customer orientation.