- Demand of conventional lighting declines more and more: Closure of the production site of Nordeon in France
- Nordeon Group: A true full service partner for lighting professionals across the globe
5th May 2017
The lighting industry – a dynamic market experiences a profound change and has led to the closure of our fluorescent production activity in France
For several years, the lighting industry has undergone an important technological transformation. The LED technology is achieving unprecedented progress and the developments continue at high speed. In contrast to this development the sector and the demand for the conventional lighting declines more and more. This is even more true for the fluorescent lamps, which led to the permanent closure of the production site of Nordeon in Chalon-sur-Saône (France). Due to the mentioned market developments this is an inevitable step, which affects first of all our employees who have been loyally dedicated until the end, and our customers who have worked with us on this conventional business.
Quality, flexibility and customer orientation
With 10 production sites and around 1.000 employees all over the world we are one of the market drivers – and we are focusing our activities on the development and manufacturing of luminaires with LED technology. With one objective: To make our living conditions even safer, even more comfortable and even more livable. Now and in the future.
With our well-known brands we offer in every country allowing to answer all the needs for lighting:
- Nordeon for all your projects in the retail, the tertiary and the industry sector
- Lamp Lighting for all your custom-made projects in the retail, the tertiary, the hospitality sector and the outdoor area
- Schmitz-Leuchten and WILA for all your projects in the tertiary and architectural lighting sector
- Hess, Vulkan and Griven for all your projects in outdoor and architectural lighting.
Seven strong brands – one group.
Head of Communications
Tel.: +49 7721 920 475
Fax: +49 7721 920 771 475