At last! The jury has the verdict: 20 projects are the finalists of the Lamp Lighting Solutions Awards 2017. Do you want to know who they are?
The standing jury, formed by the lighting designers Kaoru Mende (Japan), Gustavo Avilés (Mexico), Colin Ball (United Kingdom), Anna Sbokou (Greece) and Rafael Gallego (Spain), the architect Joan Roig (Spain), and the interior designer Stefano Colli (Italy), met twice, to select amongst the 523 projects received, the 61 projects that passed to the next stage, and finally from these 61, the 20 finalist projects, highlighting that each one is special and contributed something new in relation to the rest.
Architectural Outdoor Lighting Category
• Jut Wave, in Taiwan; by Ben Lin, Eason Chou and Fay Tseng
• “Light Frieze“ Kunstmuseum Basel, in Switzerland; by iart AG
• Rectoria Godmar, in Spain; by Jordi Moya Baringo (ILM BCN S.L.)
• Scott Monument External Lighting, in Scotland; by Natalie Redford, Kevan Shaw, Efi Stragali, Claire Hope, Jamie Foxen and Eric Berntsson (KSLD)
• The Australian War Memorial, in Australia; by Steensen Varming
Indoor Lighting Category
• Blackwood Studio, in Australia; by Adam Kane Architects
• Nadal al Born, in Spain; by La Invisible Lighting Design Studio (Maria Güell Ordis, Mª Josep Moliner and Clara Sierra Rubio)
• Primer Atardecer en el Pacífico. Aparcamiento Núñez de Balboa 52, Madrid, in Spain; by Clavel Arquitectos (Manuel Clavel Rojo and Luis Clavel Sainz)
• Sayn Foundry Iron Works, in Germany; by Johannes Roloff and Stephanie Jochem (Licht Kunst Licht AG)
• The Palace Museum Sculpture Gallery, in China; by School of Architecture, Tsinghua University (Chou Lien, Zhang Xin, Feng Chongli, Wang Dongning, Han Xiaowei, Du Yi, Zhao Xiaobo, Xia Juntian and Zhao Xiufang)
Urban and Landscape Lighting Category
• Dynamic Integration/Light in Transition_ Lighting for the Redevelopment of the Central Square of Kozani (Nikis Square), in Greece; by Mara Spentza
• Marstunnel, in The Netherlands; by Herman Kuijer
• Mensaje en una Botella, in Chile; by Aquiles Pavez Toro
• Raval Km0, in Spain; by Curro Claret and Maria Güell Ordis
• Saarpolygon, in Germany; by Lichtvision
Students Proposals Category
• A rhythmic modulation; by Pakamon Panujirutt, student at HS Wismar, Germany
• Bus Lights; by Milena Rosés Lloret, student at IED Barcelona, Spain
• Elogio de la sombra; by Sergi Sauras and Pau Garrofé, students at Escola Tècnica Superior d’Arquitectura La Salle, Spain
• lighTTowers; by Arash Abbaszadeh, student at Islamic Azad University Bandar Abbas Branch, Iran
• Navidad eres tú; by Cristina Aragón Malo, student at Masterdia ETSAM Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
The 4 winning projects will be announced at a prize-giving ceremony held in Esplugues (Barcelona) next June 15th, where each of them will be awarded with the following amounts: Architectural Outdoor Lighting € 5,000, Indoor Lighting € 5,000, Urban and Landscape Lighting € 5,000 and Students Proposals € 1,000. The book LIGHTING CONCEPTS 2017 will be published with all the finalist projects and be given as a gift during the ceremony.
The Lamp Lighting Solutions Awards 2017 beat a 75% internationalization record, with a total of 523 projects submitted by 43 countries, and for the first time, achieve a 60% lighting designers’ participation. This successful outcome shows the consolidation of these contest in the lighting industry worldwide in their 7th edition. Thank you for making the Lamp Awards possible!
Lamp Lighting, lighting solutions
Lamp Lighting provides efficient lighting solutions adapted to the needs of each project, thanks to its human resources team, whose many years of experience and commitment to design and engineering guarantee their unique vision and feeling for light wherever they may be. Founded in 1972, it has its central offices in Terrassa (Barcelona) in a space of over 15,000m2. Its R&D&I Department, along with the Project Department and Laboratory, act as engines for creation and continuous innovation, providing an all-round, customized service for each project. Lamp Lighting has a proximity policy towards its clients and to this end it has a wide range of branches throughout Spanish territory. Internationally, Lamp Lighting wishes to maintain this spirit of closeness and this is why it has subsidiaries in France, Chile, Mexico and Colombia. Moreover, it has its own sales offices in London, Vilnius, Dubai, Bangkok and Lima; and partners worldwide.
Communication Manager: Marta Rius
08226 Terrassa (Spain)
Tel. +34 93 736 68 00
Subscribe to the newsletter